Organization: Propel ATL
Job Title: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Development Manager
Job type: Full-time salary, exempt
Compensation: $43,200 - $45,600 + benefits including remote work stipend
Location: Fully remote workplace; candidates must reside in metro Atlanta at time of employment
Do you want to work to make Atlanta’s streets and transit systems work better for people? Do you want to help build a city with streets that are safe, inclusive, and thriving spaces for people to ride, walk, and roll?
Propel ATL, formerly the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition, seeks a Development Coordinator to join our energetic and focused staff.
We’re looking for a team member with a demonstrated enthusiasm for our mission and vision and a commitment to our guiding principles — particularly the principles related to social and racial justice. Guided by the big-picture goals of our strategic plan, the ideal candidate will be able to adeptly manage the breadth of their responsibilities as an essential member of our Development Team.
Our staff relies on accountability and collaboration to achieve effectiveness. Top candidates for this position exercise exemplary critical thinking skills, thrive in a dynamic environment, and are comfortable working in a small organization.
Propel ATL is committed to the career development of each staff member and provides an abundance of leadership opportunities.
The Development Coordinator will contribute significantly to the sustainable growth of Propel ATL’s revenue and network of supporters by:
- cultivating exemplary donor relations through effective communications and coordination of appeals (campaigns) and events.
- performing administrative duties with the utmost accuracy and efficiency.
Fulfilling this position on our staff will entail the following key responsibilities, in addition to other assignments as priorities emerge:
- Coordinate fiscal, administrative, logistical, and operational development activities in alignment with guiding principles, funder agreements, and development best practices.
- Generate compelling development content, including written content and simple graphics for email campaigns, social media, and the organization’s website.
- Maintain and improve the efficiency of gift processing procedures, including donor records and acknowledgments with the utmost accuracy and timeliness.
- Inform and support planning, implementation, and evaluation of all development efforts.
- Collaboratively manage event logistics and operations for virtual and in-person fundraising events and other stakeholder engagements that advance development objectives.
- Vet prospective contractors, and coordinate contractor involvement and relationships in support of development appeals and events.
- Advance the accuracy and efficiency of routine financial administration and reporting by collaborating effectively with the development, operations, and finance team members.
Candidates ideal for this Development Coordinator position will demonstrate the following experience, knowledge, and strengths.
- Has worked in, volunteered with, and/or collaborated with a small nonprofit
- Has managed projects and/or events that involve collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to achieve mutual goals
- Has created and edited compelling public-facing content, especially written content and simple graphics for online and social media
- Has planned and executed events for an organization, preferably with a fundraising component
- Has fulfilled administrative and logistical responsibilities in previous roles
- Has used collaborative project management platforms and digital tools to generate and present work product, organize work, and manage relationships
- Is familiar with nonprofits and fundraising, preferably in metro Atlanta
- Recognizes and understands Atlanta’s history, especially its racial disparities and record of "intentional harm perpetrated by white supremacist policies and actions"¹
- Is familiar with the benefits and current issues related to sustainable, active transportation, such as biking, walking and using wheelchairs, and using transit, especially in metro Atlanta
- Is familiar with principles involved in planning and implementing effective fundraising appeals and events
¹The Untokening’s Principles of Mobility Justice
- Has exemplary organizational skills and ability to effectively manage and deliver on multiple priorities at once in a dynamic environment
- Upholds a personal commitment to delivering a high quality of work
- Is a concise and adept verbal communicator
- Has an aptitude for learning and utilizing digital tools to organize work and manage relationships
- Is comfortable learning and implementing new skills and concepts
- Routinely enlists critical thinking skills to solve problems and to uphold, improve, and establish processes
- Is approachable, accountable, and comfortable exchanging constructive feedback
Workplace and Benefits
Fully remote. Requires some evenings and weekends as well as in-person engagements as necessary for the responsibilities of the position.
In addition to approximately 10 recognized holidays, Propel ATL closes operations for one week in mid July and one week at the end of each year in late December.
REMOTE WORK STIPEND
Staff receives a work from home reimbursement as a fixed amount each pay period.
Employer pays 50% of each employee’s medical insurance premium, in addition to partial dental and vision, and fully covered basic life and long-term disability insurance.
Annual paid holidays include:
- two weeks (one in summer, one in winter).
- approximately 10 recognized holidays.
- four floating days.
- Vacation accrues at the rate of eight hours per 160 hours worked.
- Each staff member receives 72 hours of annual wellness leave.
- Family and bereavement leave policies are provided.
Each staff member receives bi-weekly career development support from their direct supervisor. Staff also has access to and is encouraged to pursue professional development opportunities.
Propel ATL aims to foster an environment that recognizes, respects and values different backgrounds and talents. We do not discriminate in our staff, board, volunteers, volunteer committees, or recipients of services, and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected category. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply for this Opportunity
Email a cover letter and your resume to [email protected] with Development Coordinator as the subject. In your cover letter, let us know how you became aware of this job opportunity and what resonates most with you from our mission, vision, and guiding principles. Include any details that uniquely qualify you for this position.
If you need accommodations to make our hiring process more accessible to you, please be in touch, and we will respond accordingly.
This job was posted on November 1, 2022. Applications are reviewed as received, and the position will remain open until filled.