Want to join ABC in making Atlanta better by bike? We are hiring an events coordinator to help bring our events to life.
Events are how we promote community, active transportation, and sustainable living to the masses. If you are passionate about all of these items, are highly detailed oriented, and self-motivated - please apply!
The Events Coordinator will serve as support staff to the Events Manager for events including but not limited to Atlanta Streets Alive, and other smaller or occasional events, often in tandem with volunteers. This position has potential for growth - come work in a growing industry while making Atlanta better for all.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Coordinate Activity Partners and Volunteers for Atlanta Streets Alive events
- Provide information to local businesses about ASA sponsorship
- Coordinate ASA event outreach and local marketing with volunteers. Assistance from events manager
- Support volunteers who organize events including, but not limited to the Commuter Breakfast, The Mobile Social, and ABC Fun Ride
- The events coordinator will recruit volunteers for other ABC activities and events (pending availability)
Preferred Experience/Training (in descending order of importance)
- Background or degree in project/event management, marketing, or business
- Volunteer management experience
- Promotions & Street Teams
- Customer Service
- Strong written/verbal communication and leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills that translate well to a broad cross-section of individuals and groups
- Analytical/Research Skills
- Program development
- Computer/Technical Literacy
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Upbeat, can-do attitude with professional and friendly demeanor
- Comfortable working with people from wide range of backgrounds/interests/abilities
- Resourceful, works well independently and with volunteers
- Ability to lift over 10 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Access to reliable transportation (bike or car)
- Motivated to achieve the mission of the organization; passionate about the benefits and value of bicycling, and need to improve conditions in Atlanta
Must be able to work weekends as most events will be on weekends.
Must be a bike rider – what kind of cycling doesn’t matter, but a genuine enthusiasm for bicycling is necessary for this position!
Hours: 15-20 hours per week (including some weekends), March 1– Nov. 6, 2015
Potential for flexible or compressed work hours
To apply: E-mail resume, cover letter, and contact info for two references to [email protected] by Feb. 13, 2015.
Interviews: We will contact candidates who will be interviewed.
Rolling interviews may start before February 13th, 2015 depending on applications received.
Download a Word document of the job description.
Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with