The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is working toward establishing a network of bicycle counters that will yield reliable, year-to-year comparison data of biking rates throughout the city of Atlanta.
Are you a planning or policy professional or student?
We're seeking volunteers to help us determine up to five locations where we'll install bike counters before the end of this year. If you are working in or studying the fields of urban planning and/or policy and are available now through December 23, please lend us your expertise. Here are some of the tasks involved:
- Review a map of current and potential locations.
- Conduct in-person site visits.
- Use existing data (i.e., Cycle Atlanta) to inform recommendations and to ensure they meet the criteria that will be provided.
- Make recommendations and provide options for locations most suitable for visual bike counters and that meet the criteria that will be provided.
- Provide notes on each recommendation and option.
Ready to help us gather the data that will inform our advocacy work?
Installing these counters advances our work toward building a network of safe and connected bike lanes, trails and neighborhood greenways. Ready to help? To participate in this project, please click on the RSVP button below. You'll receive further details in a confirmation email, followed by a phone call to discuss the project.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with