Give your city cycling confidence a boost with this instructional group ride. This in-person class is designed in conjunction with the Summer Reading Kick-Off event happening at the Metropolitan Branch of the Fulton County Public Library System. We will meet and end at the library, where you and your family can enjoy the festivities.
What to expect
We will gather for a few quick drills then hit the city streets for a quick 30-minute ride of two to three gentle miles. Once rolling, we’ll
- Take it slow, stay together, and practice our skills in a safe and supportive manner
- Experience Atlanta’s existing bicycle facilities, like two-directional protected and/or single-directional bike lanes and sharrows, and
- Learn to ride safely on streets without bike lanes by exercising our legal right to “take the lane.”
How to prepare
Please bring a helmet. We strongly recommend that you also bring:
- WATER, sunscreen, and a snack
- Sneakers or other appropriate closed-toed shoes
- Comfortable, appropriate clothing for being outside and active
- A friend or three!
Please arrive promptly so all participants can benefit from the full time allotted for this instructional experience.
These free classes are provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
Attendance at this or any class conducted by the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition indicates your agreement to the following liability waiver: Atlanta Bicycle Coalition Liability Waiver.
1332 Metropolitan Pkwy SW
Atlanta, GA 30310
Google map and directions
Showing 2 reactions
Sign in with