This class is offered exclusively for the Villa International Community.
If you're interested in this ride, but you feel unsure about participating due to hesitations about riding on city streets, please take a moment to fill out this survey so that we can work to create an experience that is accessible for all.
Get comfortable traveling by bike with this instructional group ride! We will take it slow, stay together, practice our skills, and learn to ride safely on streets.We will gather for a few quick drills, then hit the city streets for a 1-hour ride of three to four gentle miles.
What to expect
We will gather for an information session from our instructors then hit the city streets for a 1-hour ride of three to four gentle miles. Once rolling, we’ll
- Take it slow, stay together, and practice our skills in a safe and supportive manner
- Experience Atlanta’s existing bicycle facilities, like two-directional protected and/or single-directional bike lanes and sharrows, and
- Learn to ride safely on streets without bike lanes by exercising our legal right to “take the lane.”
How to prepare
Please bring a helmet and ensure that your tires are inflated to the recommended psi. We strongly recommend that you also bring:
- Water and sunscreen
- Sneakers or other appropriate closed-toed shoes
- Comfortable, appropriate clothing for being outside and active
- A friend or three!
Please arrive promptly so all participants can benefit from the full time allotted for this instructional experience.
These free classes are provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
Attendance at this or any class conducted by Propel ATL indicates your agreement to the following liability waiver: Propel ATL Liability Waiver.
1749 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30329
Google map and directions
Showing 2 reactions
Sign in with