A donor advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving fund administered by a third party that allows you to combine favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support Propel ATL.
An increasingly popular charitable vehicle, DAFs provide a way to simplify your charitable giving. DAFs allow you to give cash, stock, and other assets and receive a tax deduction when the contribution is made. Then, you may use the fund to grant specific amounts to Propel ATL over time. Many philanthropists view their donor-advised funds much like a family foundation; it is an alternative to a private foundation but provides greater tax advantages and involves fewer administrative burdens.
- Gifts of publicly traded securities are generally deductible at 100 percent of the fair market value, including capital gain, up to 30 percent of the donor’s adjusted gross income.
- Gifts of cash are usually deductible up to 60 percent of the donor’s adjusted gross income.
- Gifts of private assets (e.g., real estate, private company stock) are usually deductible at their fair market value, up to 30 percent of the donor’s adjusted gross income.
How It Works
- Establish your DAF by making a tax-deductible donation to a financial company that operates a DAF program, like Vanguard, Fidelity, or Schwab Charitable, or a community foundation.
- Determine the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free).
- Recommend grants to Propel ATL whenever you wish to make a gift. We advise entering Propel ATL's employer identification number (EIN), 58-1996013, when searching a DAF charity database.
To learn more about making a gift to Propel ATL using your donor advised fund, please contact [email protected]
Be the first to comment
Sign in with