This instructional group ride will get you pedaling toward the benefits of biking to work, to school, for errands, or to connect to MARTA.
What to expect
When we gather, we’ll assess your commute using the collective knowledge of participants and the aid of route-mapping apps. We’ll also discuss useful gear, including what you’ll need for various weather conditions.
Next, we’ll embark on a 45-minute, round-trip ride of three to five gentle miles. On the ride, we’ll
- Take it slow — staying together, safe and supportive
- Experience Atlanta’s existing bicycle facilities, like two-directional protected and/or single-directional bike lanes and sharrows
- Ride safely on streets without bike lanes by exercising our legal right to “take the lane”
- Tour the bike facilities available at a MARTA station
- Get a brief overview of how bike share can be used in your commute
How to prepare
Please bring a bicycle in good repair that fits you and a helmet. (We’ll provide access to Relay bike share if you do not have a bicycle available to you.) We strongly recommend you also bring
- Sneakers or other appropriate closed-toed shoes
- Comfortable, appropriate clothing for being outside and active
- A friend or three!
Please arrive promptly so all participants can benefit from the full time allotted for this instructional experience.
These free classes are provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
1030 DeKalb Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
Google map and directions
Be the first to comment
Sign in with