Give your city cycling confidence a boost with this instructional group ride. This in-person class is designed in conjunction with the Pedego Electric Bikes.
What to expect
We will gather for a few quick drills then hit the city streets for a 45-minute ride of three to four gentle miles, then practice connecting bike trips to MARTA! Once rolling, we’ll
- Take it slow, stay together, and practice our skills in a safe and supportive manner
- Experience Atlanta’s existing bicycle facilities, like two-directional protected and/or single-directional bike lanes and sharrows, and
- Learn to ride safely on streets without bike lanes by exercising our legal right to “take the lane.”
How to prepare
Pedego Atlanta will provide free one-time use of one of their e-bikes for this class. Please also bring a helmet. We strongly recommend that you also bring:
- Water and sunscreen
- Sneakers or other appropriate closed-toed shoes
- Comfortable, appropriate clothing for being outside and active
- A friend or three!
Please arrive promptly so all participants can benefit from the full time allotted for this instructional experience.
These free classes are provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
Attendance at this or any class conducted by the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition indicates your agreement to the following liability waiver: Propel ATL Liability Waiver.
80 Anderson Ave
Atlanta, GA 30309
Google map and directions