On Monday, April 20, 2020, the Atlanta City Council adopted legislation (20-O-1239) establishing Vision Zero as the city's goal for safe transportation options and a default speed limit of 25 mph on local streets and those collectors and Downtown/Midtown arterials not on the state's list for radar enforcement. Now, we work to expand the default speed limit to cover more streets. The legislation represented a win for the "Safe Speed Limits" campaign, a coalition effort.
This is an important first step towards eliminating deaths on our roadways.
A big thank you to our coalition partners on this!
THE FOLLOWING NEIGHBORHOODS AND NPUS HAVE APPROVED THIS CAMPAIGN BY A VOTE OF THEIR MEMBERS:
- Capitol View Neighborhood Association
- Center Hill Neighborhood Association
- Cabbagetown Neighborhood Improvement Association
- Chosewood Park Neighborhood Association
- Grant Park Neighborhood Association
- Midtown Neighbors' Association
- Historic South Atlanta
- Reynoldstown Civic Improvement League
- NPU I
- NPU J
- NPU W