Give your city cycling confidence a boost with this instructional group ride. This in-person class is designed in conjunction with the Emory Community.
What to expect
We will gather for a few quick drills then hit the city streets for a 45-minute ride of three to four gentle miles, then practice connecting bike trips to the Emory bus! Once rolling, we’ll
- Take it slow, stay together, and practice our skills in a safe and supportive manner
- Experience Atlanta’s existing bicycle facilities, like two-directional protected and/or single-directional bike lanes and sharrows, and
- Learn to ride safely on streets without bike lanes by exercising our legal right to “take the lane.”
How to prepare
Please bring a helmet and ensure that your tires are inflated to the recommended psi. We strongly recommend that you also bring:
- Water and sunscreen
- Sneakers or other appropriate closed-toed shoes
- Comfortable, appropriate clothing for being outside and active
- A friend or three!
Please arrive promptly so all participants can benefit from the full time allotted for this instructional experience.
These free classes are provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
Attendance at this or any class conducted by the Propel ATL indicates your agreement to the following liability waiver: Propel ATL Liability Waiver.
1 Eagle Row (Courtyard Across from Kaldis Depot)
Atlanta, GA 30322
Google map and directions