Join us for City Cycling at Bikerversary 2023! Learn more about this exciting event HERE.
Our City Cycling classes are for cyclists who know how to ride but are looking to build their confidence riding in the streets alongside cars. We will teach participants to ride safely with or without bike lanes by exercising our right to "take the lane".
What to expect
We will gather for an information session from our instructors then hit the city streets for a 45-minute ride of three to four gentle miles. Once rolling, we’ll
- Take it slow, stay together, and practice our skills in a safe and supportive manner
- Experience Atlanta’s existing bicycle facilities, like two-directional protected and/or single-directional bike lanes and sharrows, and
- Learn to ride safely on streets without bike lanes by exercising our legal right to “take the lane.”
How to prepare
Please bring a helmet and a bicycle in good repair that fits you. We strongly recommend that you also bring:
- WATER and sunscreen
- Sneakers or other appropriate closed-toed shoes
- Comfortable, appropriate clothing for being outside and active
- A friend or three!
Please arrive promptly so all participants can benefit from the full time allotted for this instructional experience.
These free classes are provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
Attendance at this or any class conducted by the Propel ATL indicates your agreement to the following liability waiver: Propel ATL Liability Waiver.
1354 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW
Atlanta, GA 30310
Google map and directions
Showing 3 reactions
Sign in with