If you're attending The Big Bang hosted by OuterSpace Project, be sure to stop by our tent where you can work with our LCI team to build a safe bike route for your commute! Just bring your desired start and end locations, and they will determine the best route for you, map out that route using a GPS app, and send you the results! This class was created in conjunction with the OuterSpace Project.
What to expect
We will gather for an information session from our instructors then hit the city streets for a 45-minute ride of three to four gentle miles. Once rolling, we’ll
- Take it slow, stay together, and practice our skills in a safe and supportive manner
- Experience Atlanta’s existing bicycle facilities, like two-directional protected and/or single-directional bike lanes and sharrows, and
- Learn to ride safely on streets without bike lanes by exercising our legal right to “take the lane.”
How to prepare
Please bring a helmet and ensure that your tires are inflated to the recommended psi. We strongly recommend that you also bring:
- Water and sunscreen
- Sneakers or other appropriate closed-toed shoes
- Comfortable, appropriate clothing for being outside and active
- A friend or three!
Please arrive promptly so all participants can benefit from the full time allotted for this instructional experience.
These free classes are provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
Attendance at this or any class conducted by the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition indicates your agreement to the following liability waiver: Propel ATL Liability Waiver.
777 Memorial Dr SE
Atlanta, GA 30316
Google map and directions