Boost your new and rejuvenated cycling skills with this instructional, safe, and gentle community ride. This is open to all but special invites are going out to all the Bike Family, True Beginner, and Kids Bike graduates from our virtual classes during the past year.
What to expect
We will gather for a few quick drills at Washington park then hit the Atlanta BeltLine Westside Trail for a 30-45 minute ride of one to three gentle miles. The park is located a short 10-minute walk (3 minute bike ride) from the Ashby Marta station.
Once rolling, we’ll
- Take it slow, stay together, and practice our skills in a safe and supportive manner
- Get a refresher on helmet and bike fit and do a quick ABC-Q check
- Incorporate skills like turning and stopping, scanning, and lane-changing on a safe off-road paved path
- For some, experience a round-trip combining MARTA and bicycling. Thanks to an in-kind donation from MARTA, participants will receive a Breeze card loaded with two trips.
How to prepare
Please bring a bicycle in good repair that fits you and a helmet. We strongly recommend you also bring
- Water and sunscreen
- Sneakers or other appropriate closed-toed shoes
- Comfortable, appropriate clothing for being outside and active
- A friend or three!
Please arrive on time at 10:00 AM so all participants can benefit from the full time allotted for this community experience.
These free classes are provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
Attendance at this or any class conducted by the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition indicates your agreement to the following liability waiver: Atlanta Bicycle Coalition Liability Waiver.
102 Ollie Street 30314
Atlanta, GA 30314
Google map and directions
Be the first to comment
Sign in with