Give your city cycling confidence a boost with this instructional group ride.
What to expect
We will gather for a few quick drills then hit the city streets for an hour-long ride of three to four gentle miles. Once rolling, we’ll
- Take it slow, stay together, and practice our skills in a safe and supportive manner
- Experience Atlanta’s existing bicycle facilities, like two-directional protected and/or single-directional bike lanes and sharrows, and
- Learn to ride safely on streets without bike lanes by exercising our legal right to “take the lane”
How to prepare
Please bring a bicycle in good repair that fits you and a helmet. (We’ll provide access to Relay bike share if you do not have a bicycle available to you.) We strongly recommend you also bring
- Sneakers or other appropriate closed-toed shoes
- Comfortable, appropriate clothing for being outside and active
- A friend or three!
Please arrive promptly so all participants can benefit from the full time allotted for this instructional experience.
These free classes are provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
4 Ponce De Leon Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30375
Google map and directions