To participate in the two-part class, RSVP below and you will receive a virtual Zoom meeting link for the March 23rd Pre-Ride. You will receive a meeting link for the Post-Ride before March 30th. Sign-ups are limited to the first 50. Here you can see other classes to join.
Whether you are riding our city streets to get to work, to the pharmacy, to the grocery store, or to an appointment or you are wanting to get out and move your body and enjoy the outdoors, the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is here for you.
In this class, you will:
- learn how to do an ABC-Q check to make sure you're bike is ready to go
- fit your helmet
- plan a route
- learn communication strategies
- know how to be predictable
- enhance critical safety skills - turning, scanning, and stopping
- March 23rd Pre-Ride - a virtual gathering where we build community, share skills, and learn about three challenge rides for all skill levels
- March 24th through the 30th - this is a week for you to take up one or more of the skill- and confidence-building challenge rides alone or with old and new friends
- March 31st Post-Ride - a virtual gathering where we 1) share our experiences through convo, pics, and video and 2) celebrate our accomplishment and talk about 'What's next?"
We are committed to your safety as you negotiate the city streets for transportation, essential services, and recreation. We'll remind you of the CDC's Social Distancing and Prevention Guidelines that apply to people on bikes in class.
This free two-part class is provided with the support of the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with